Health and Safety Policy Statement
The objective of this policy is to attain and maintain high standards of health and safety
performance throughout the Victoria Group (VG).
All persons conducting activities under the name of Victoria Group and its associated Ports will
adhere to this Health & Safety Policy.
The Victoria Group will comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and
Regulations subsequently laid under it and meet the standards required therein.
Hazards will be identified and the risk of injury, disease or dangerous occurrence will be
minimised by the achievement and maintenance of high standards of health and safety. These
standards will be achieved, so far as is reasonably practicable, by:
• Demonstrating a visible management commitment to high standards of health and
safety performance and the promotion of a positive health and safety culture throughout
• Providing and maintaining a safe working environment that is without risk to health,
together with adequate facilities and arrangements for the welfare of employees;
• Providing and maintaining plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and
without risk to health;
• Providing and maintaining means of access to and egress from the workplace that are
safe and without risk;
• Having in place adequate arrangements for the regular assessment of work activities
in order to identify related hazards and to control associated risk;
• Having in place effective systems to protect employees and other persons affected by
• Having in place adequate arrangements to ensure safety and the absence of risks to
health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and
• Providing such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to
ensure the health and safety of employees of the Group; and
• Obtain the co-operation of employees in enabling statutory obligations under health
and safety legislation to be met.
Date: April 2023
Steve Marshall: Director with responsibility for Health and Safety.