SHARPNESS DOCK at the head of the Bristol Channel handles ships of up to 6,000 tonnes (with cargo), maximum beam 16.76 m and unlimited length.
Sharpness offers excellent road links, being accessible from junctions 13 and 14 on the M5. This provides easy access to the West Midlands, South Wales and the M4 corridor.
This port facility is experienced in handling a diverse range of cargoes including dry bulks, minerals, timber and many other products, using modern quay-transfer equipment.
The facility offers extensive open and covered storage, including grain silos.
- operates to UKWA (UK Warehousing Association) standards
- is accredited by FIAS (Fertiliser Industry Assurance Scheme)
- is accredited by TASCC (Trade Assurance Scheme for Combinable Crops)
- is accredited by OFF (Organic Food Federation)
- operates to the standards of COMAH (Control of Major Accidents Hazards) Lower Tier for Ammonium Nitrate Fertiliser
- Security of the Port facilities is undertaken in accordance with the ISPS (International Ship and Port Security Code).
- Contact Sharpness Dock
Tel: +44 (0) 1453 811644
Fax: +44 (0) 1453 811990
Contact: Garry Strickland
mobile tel: +44 (0) 7802 579694